WE HAVE A DATE

Monday, January 18, 2016

We've got our Practical Completion Inspection and Handover dates.  PCI currently scheduled for 22/1/2015 and Handover 29/1/2015. Yes that's this coming week. As we are getting an independent inspector for our final stage our site supervisor has advised us that this needs to  be scheduled prior to our PCI date as we will need to bring the inspection report with us on PCI. 

Today the painters were doing their final touch ups before the cleaners come in to polish off the place in preparation for PCI. I'm no expert but there still seems like a fair bit of work to do...cracked window needs to be replaced, downpipes need to be installed, exterior moldings need to be painted, grout in bathrooms looked incomplete, electrician needs to come back and finish off work. I'm sure it's achievable if this project was called 'The Block' and trades go go go but we're not so I just don't see how we are going to hit these dates which is why I'm not getting too excited as I don't want to get my hopes up.

We also got a quote for our concreting a exposed aggregate driveway and a 1 meter path of plain concrete around our house.

Quote came in at $11600

I have no words but to



It's probably a reasonable quote, I don't know. I 'll need to get one more to be sure but just the thought of all our upcoming expenses is already killing me. I had to know this was coming though. *sigh*
Floor layers have been booked in to come in the week after handover so I expect to be moving in on the second week of Feb. Time for me to pack pack pack.














You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. How exciting, can't wait to see some more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! We were tossing up between an investment property and building the Charlton 33 and we finally decided last weekend to build!! Your blog is so helpful to us. I'm bracing myself for World of Style and all the upgrades and add ons!! Keep up the great work and I hope it all runs smoothly for you.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaz. Congrats on making the big step to deciding to build. Find yourself a switched on sales consultant and try and cost up as much as you can during quote stage.

      Good luck with it. I'd love to hear how you with it all!

      Exciting times ahead :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Chi, I stumbled across your blog and have loved reading it. We are looking at a knock down and build project like yours so was delighted to read your tips. So excited you are hand over. Enjoy your beautiful home. The Charlton is an amazing floor plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stuey

      Glad the blog has helped. Handover has been delayed slightly but we are nearly there.

      Are you building the Charlton as well? You're right about the floor plan. Our site supervisor said it has become soo popular and I can see why.

      Delete
  4. How's everything going? Fingers crossed you've had handover (?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Larissa
      Hope you're well! Unfortunately things got delayed. (As I had anticipated) but we are nearly there and will get the keys soon! Yippee.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Subscribe