PRACTICAL COMPLETION - THE FINAL STAGES

Monday, January 04, 2016

Hope everyone has been enjoying the festive season and making most of their time off.  PD have a 2 week shutdown period which ends today but I somehow find it hard to believe that our tradies will be back into the full swing of things until next week. So we managed to get inside through an unlocked door and took a heap of snaps of the house. It is progressing nicely I must say. 

So to end off  2015 we can also tick off 

  • Bathroom tapware, showers and mirrors installed
  • Tiling looks to be 95% complete. The grout work is questionable though.
  • Garage walls plastered
  • Electrical fit out nearly completed
  • Alfresco drain fitted
  • Wall under the staircase frame work commences
  • External rendering completed
  • Garage doors fitted


Kitchen Sink: Teknobilli Oz T7 300 pull out sink mixer
Upgrade cost $328
Downstairs Bathroom: Nikles Fresh twin rail shower & Como Grey Tiles
Upgrade cost $310
Shower exhaust fan (standard)
We also upgraded to have the tiles go all the way to the ceiling.
Downstairs Bathroom - Mizu Drift Wall Mixer against the Exagon Milk Tile
I must say I'm a little underwhelmed with this tile. It was suppose to be our feature wall as well. Maybe I need to see the whole room finished before I pass judgement. Grout work needs to be finished here.
Master Ensuite Shower with Como Grey Tiles
The tiles look lighter in real life. Really happy with the tile selection.

Didn't do the double shower option. I know its probably better for resale value but practically we'll never use it. haha . We p
lan is to install a vertical towel rack opposite the shower so you can dry yourself in the shower without having to go out and wet the bathroom floor. Yeah I'll do anything to avoid more cleaning.
Master Ensuite Double Vanity
Mizu soothe chrome basic mixer (Upgrade $46 each) and 
Kado arc inset basin (Upgrade $24 each)
Standard bathtub in the main bathroom

A lot of people I know upgrade to the freestanding bathtub which obviously looks 100X better but for me I know I'll hardly use it so decided to spend the money elsewhere. 
Heatastic light heater thingy in the bathroom
Honestly I don't even remember agreeing to this one as it's something you can do after handover cheaply. 
Internal junction boxes for our hallway. 
They are suppose to be 2m apart. From this angle it looks a lot closer. 

The plan is to hang 2 of these Standford light nickel wall lamps on either side of a console table.

Alfresco drainage
Wardrobe Fitouts
Bedroom 2 Walk in Robe
Upstairs Linen
I believe this is the heating vent which is located outside the Master Room which I think is a bit odd. Something I did not check during Tender/Contracts.
Completely missed this during tender. Its a frequented walk area so I would have preferred it somewhere else.  Not sure if it could have been changed but I wish I asked.
Fridge area with cold water tap provisioning

We don't have one of those fancy fridges which makes ice and cold water but we provisioned it for our next fridge which will probably be in another 10 years. bahahaha

Staircase lighting with sensors

Can't wait to see it light up



External water tap.

Rendering to whole house is finally done.

Render colour is dulux champignon

Mouldings still need to be painted a shade lighter than the render (Colour Doe)

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Getting closer chi!!We our hoping for end of feb or 1stweek of march settlement date.our floors will be laid on the 28th of jan.Hope yours will be finished on time.Your house is looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K. Yours is too. We're very anxious and excited about handover.

      Delete
  2. It's looking lovely! Not long now. Have they given you an approx date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Larissa, they have told us mid Jan approx but no official dates yet. Seems a bit ambitious I think but we'll see.

      Delete
  3. Hi Chi, My name is Dan, my wife and I are researching to build a Wollert Charlton 33 with PD just as you guys have done, and your blog has been a really great source of info and entertaining too! I was hoping your floor plans would show the length and width of the extended Charlton 33 design. This would be very helpful for us to work out how the house would sit on our block. Can you share this info? Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dan

      No problems at all. I have updated the floorplan page just for you. Scroll right down to the bottom. Let me know if you are having trouble reading it as I could just email you instead.

      http://charlton33.blogspot.com.au/p/the-floorplan.html

      Chi

      Delete
  4. Thanks very much Chi! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John

      Sure. If you want to give me your email address I can definitely send you our details of our sales consultant. A downstairs is certainly achievable if you're happy to compromise on a smaller kitchen galley.

      C

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi chi, nice to see your blog, I'm building drysdale 40 and also selected the same style staircase with yours. your color selection for the stairs is amazing! plus with sensor light is brilliant. would u post a video to show how it works? I'm sure ur proud of it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the champignon render more brown or grey? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe