FIXING STAGE PART 2 - STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Progress in the recent week includes
  • Cornices have been put up
  • Stairs installed
  • Eaves 95% complete
  • Rendering 75% complete
I had a bit of a scare this week when I saw the scaffolding come down and notice the render was not the colour I had picked. After a bit of googling I suspect that the paint colour wont be applied to the render until the later stages of the build. Will need to check with my site supervisor. I don't have much else to update on so let's get straight on to the pictures.

Render

Hebel on Render

Eaves are done with the exception of this bit here above the balcony but you don't the scaffolding for this which was pulled down this week. 

Render to top 3/4 of the house. Now I'm assuming the render is still to get be painted cos this is not the colour I was expecting.

Cornices

Upgrade: Sydney 90mm & Standard: Gyprock Cove

Sydney 90mm Cornices - these were an upgrade

View of the Foyer/Front Doors

Gyprock Cove Cornice Upstairs - these are a standard inclusion. Very common in a lot of houses. 

The Staircase 

Upgrade: Classic Staircase Option 2 

The stairs have been put in as scheduled and my first reaction was that I felt that it looked very narrow by comparison to the one on display at Eucalpt Wollert. I will need to take measurements for comparison before I start raising any alarms bells, I could be wrong and my eyes could just be playing tricks on me.

For those of you who don't know I have chosen a PD Black stain on the treads, handrails and posts and  risers will be painted white.



Charlton on Display in Eucalpt Wollert. The way this photo is shot makes the staircase appear a lot wider than it in in real life. Below is an actual shot of the staircase that I took.





This photo above is our staircase which has an additional post at the top of the first landing (unlike the display) I actually don't mind it. 


Display staircase - No post instead the handrail wraps around the plaster. 











You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Chi!
    Looks like your build is going really well! The house looks a lot more put together without the scaffolding and the eaves almost completed :)
    If you don't mind me asking, what has your experience with SPI inspections been like? We are deciding between SPI and New Home and they both seem as good as one another. My email is alinapham@live.com.au if you would prefer to talk via email. Thanks a lot, looking forward to seeing more progress of your build :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alina,

      I've just sent you an email :)

      Chi

      Delete

Popular Posts

Subscribe