ON THE WAY TO LOCK UP

Monday, September 21, 2015

So lots has happened since my last post.



  1. All windows installed
  2. Hawthorn windows fixed
  3. House is now wrapped both ground and upper level. 
  4. Solar panel is installed 
  5. Plumbing is roughed in
  6. Evaporative cooling is in
  7. Cabinetry is being built 
I've been so impressed with how quickly things are progressing, our site start was 3rd August and 2 months later we are nearly at lock up. We drove by on both sat and sun to see tradies working both days, I can understand Saturday but Sundays as well?  Are they falling behind schedule? I'm not complaining.. just hope they're doing a good job and not just rushing through things. 

The next phase is the Hebel which to me means we're close to lock up. Besides choosing hebel for its insulation properties the large panels means that installation and rendering is a lot quicker than it would be with bricks. We did a quick drive by today and wasn't expecting to see anyone on site because of the rain instead there were 3 guys on site installing the hebel and within a day there had completed one side of the ground floor. Wow. 

I'm still a little disappointed with the lack of communication and the updates from our bc and ss. In fact to give you an idea everything I've detailed in this blog update is based on what I'm seeing when I drive by. (Except for cabinetry). Got a call from kitchen culture who wanted to confirm whether I knew that the vinyl wrap I've selected has got a textural feel to it..so now it's got me all worried..why would they call to confirm this..is it a weird choice that they thought they'd double check? 

Realistically the house probably won't be ready until early next year but I'm secretly wishing for it to completed before Xmas.. my logic is..Porter Davis won't be doing our flooring and they are building with hebel so that should reduce average build time by a month. Hahaha I'm dreaming I know. 

All in all things seem to be progressing well. Apologies for the lack of photos but I will try and get some better ones this weekend.  


All windows installed


House all wrapped up


Hebel Delivered

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Wow that is so quick chi!!!!Im so happy for you!I was hoping too that our house would be finished by jan or early feb nxtyr or sooner but i dont think thats gonna happen we drove pass the house yesterday and saw the inspector of porter davis and saw some errors again!Yes i mentioned it errors again that needs to be rectified.Hoping the weather will cooperate with us so that they will just build continuously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, Where is your house at now? What sort of errors are they or you finding?

      Delete
  2. Today they are installing the ducted heating and electricals.The inspector just saw some minor issues like nails that are out and not put properly,some sharpy edges and the slab on the side of our garage isnt looking very good.I think you are 2wks ahead of us.I will be following your updates so that il have an idea.Emailed our BC lastvweek and no answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, My BC has been really good with emails and giving me weekly updates but as for our SS - i've only had one phone conversation with him so far. How is PD going with fixing your issues?
      Our hebel is 90% done on the ground floor and next week they'll start doing the upstairs. Is your house wrapped now?

      Delete
  3. We went to the house today and they have already fixed the issues,trimming of frames etc.They have installed the plumbing,electricals .I think they gonna wrap the house by next week.Hopefully!I email our BC and she said its best for us to contact our SS as she doesnt really deal on whats happening on the site! Hows that!Still lack of communication.We just call our SS every fortnightly for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. We are about to build with PD.
    Did Bradford install your solar panels? And how are they working out for you- any issues?
    Thanks in advance...Adam.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe