RING A DING DING

Monday, December 14, 2015

...the electricals are in

This past week has seen a lot of the electrical work fitted. From what we can tell the downlights, power points, data points, external junction boxes and floodlights installed, heating/cooling vents connected. Work has also commenced on lowering the master room window so it matches the plan. 

Regarding the outstanding issues I've still heard nothing back from our site supervisor in over two weeks. Called him twice last week and left a message and am still waiting for some sort of response, even an acknowledgement of my calls would be nice. I'm pretty patient but the communication is getting pretty poor in fact you could say non existent. I am considering escalating the matter if I don't hear back in the next few days. 

Anyway it feels like we're so close but so far...Work on the exterior has stalled for what has seemed like months... where are our renderers? they stop start work like our house is an 'in between' job.  *Sigh*. 

Here is the update in pictures....enjoy.


We have a door bell. 
Master room window has been lowered to match the plan.

Floodlight with sensor on the right side of house where the side gate will be. 
Our modem/router will be terminating in the galley. I regret not shifting the data points so it sits on of the shelves rather than on the main bench where all the other appliances will be.

We've also put in 2 sets of double power points in the galley as this is where we intend to keep a lot of our kitchen appliances in here. 

Grand alfresco roof completed.
Not a great pic as I can't get high enough to take the shot.

Grand Alfresco roof.
Still to be plastered, painted and lights added
Power point on the kitchen island.
For those of you looking to build don't forget about this one, they can be soo handy to have and you cannot do this post handover. A MUST on your electrical plans.
Door bell and heating/cooling control panel installed.
The heating cooling control panel is not located to plan. On the plan it should be sitting on the corner wall. (like it is on the display) Hubby is fine with where it currently is but I'm not too sure. My plan was to have some sort of artwork on that wall and the control panel is just going to be disrupting the whole look. (I think)
 
External electrical points.
We have them fitted on the alfresco and one to the side of the house just in case you want to power things like chainsaws etc. You never know.
Cinema/Guest Bedroom
TV point and plenty of powerpoints in here. (Just in case)

Junction boxes for our coach lights

Garage Flood Lights

...accessorising the bathroom


I know this is not really related to the build but thought I'd share anyway, I purchased this apothecary soap dispenser from Bed Bath and Table the other week during a 20% off sale for $19.95.
If I can be bothered I plan on sticking my own handwash label on it.


Might see if I can get a hold of these from Kmart.
Marble and copper seem to be all the rage right now.
Such a bargain at $5 each.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Thanks once again for your blog. Very interesting and helpful for us Charlton builders. Great updates and pics. But so frustrating to see still that nothing has been resolved yet re the cornices near the stair case...breathe in...breathe out.. :)

    Our site start is late january. Were going yo demolish our house finally this week!!! We didn't realize how long it takes to get permits.

    Were doing the same as you and moved into the mother n laws house in Campbellfield.so much change. Just keeping in mind its going to be worth it at the end and your blog has been helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. so glad you have found this blog helpful..it keeps me motivated to keep updating it!
      Your situation sounds just like me 6 months ago. I keep reminding myself of the end goal every day as its been tough living under someone else's roof for so long (especially your mum in laws!!)




      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Hi Chi,
      I stumbled across your blog today, and I am so glad I did. Your house is beautiful. My husband and I are considering if we should do a knock down rebuild (I am in love with the Charlton 33), or look at purchasing another house instead. Our main concern is the cost of the site works. I know they would vary considerably from site to site, but I was wondering if you might be able to tell me how much yours cost? I think this may give us a bit of an indication. Also, what was the cost of upgrading the ceiling height for downstairs? My email is erin.paxinos@hotmail.com if you would prefer. Thank you kindly, Erin

      Delete
    4. Hi Erin,
      So glad you found my blog too! :) Site costs are a scary unknown. Our site costs came in at about $38k and we have a very flat block. Do you have a powerline that runs on your side of the street? If so PD may charge you for a crane to lift materials over the powerline (This costed us $9K to be exact...Crazyy I know) If you live on a busy street and traffic management is required they'll charge you for that too. Everything adds up but the scariest part is when they start digging and uncover rock..I can't image what PD will start charging in those situations. You hear horror stories sometimes but I guess these cases are rare. I'm sure you'll be fine particularly if there are other builds going on in your area. Oh and the cost to upgrade downstairs ceiling height to 2740mm was $7436.

      Hope this has helped you somewhat.
      Goodluck with it all
      C.

      Delete
  2. Can I ask please if that was 38k including site & ohs cost + 9k for crane?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe